Sunday, September 17, 2017

I Have To Change My Lifestyle - That Sweet Escape 2017

My mom died last January 10, 2017 due to complication from diabetes. She had developed Type 2 Diabetes six years ago. Our family is a family of great food adventurers due to my mom's out of this world dishes called "Sinalbahe". Most of these dishes and desserts she used to cooked were too high in sugar. In other words, I grew up eating most in my diet of sugar based food. But being invited to come for the Sweet Escape 2017 made me realized that I have to change my lifestyle.



Last August 18, 2017, Starmall Alabang, Muntinlupa City, FAME (Friendly alliance and Media Expressions) Inc. the publisher of DiabetEASE Magazine, held such a marvelous an annual event promoting the awareness of fellow Filipinos on the risks factors and prevention of diabetes and other chronic diseases which is associated within -- The Sweet Escape; Hataw Na 2017


Gracing the Opening of the event, Dr. Joy Fontanilla, the editor-in-chief of DiabetEase Magazine made a wonderful remarks to all of us who were present that day followed by inspiring message from Dr. Augusto Litonjua. He reminded us that the root of all these sickness, especially diabetes is from fructose... and unhealthy lifestyle like eating process foods.

The event made more enlightening with the lecture from Dr. Pepito Dela Pena about how important it is to have such exercise routine everyday for diabetic people. It was followed by The Diabetes Store and PhilHealth talks.

The second part of the event was the most await one--The Hataw na Dance Competition. The Hataw na Dance Competition is an annual event for universities and colleges to have this friendly and healthy competition which aimed in promoting healthy lifestlye as the main criteria. In-between of the dance competition were raffles and one of the sponsor was The Herbalife. Herbalife Nutrition is an international health product brand which aims to give every consumer healthy options to stay fit. I was really aiming for Herbalife products when I came here because of the healthy benefits I can have and they really work miracles in my body.





At the end of the competition,  Sibol Dance Crew from ICCT Cainta got to take home grand champion title. Followed by CEU Street Squad from Centro Escolar University and AMA Makati Dance Street from Ama Computer College Makati.


Everyone took home more than prices and good supplies of health product... and it is the priceless knowledge that health is wealth. I really have to change my lifestyle...

Among the nine groups that showcased their talents and competed for the Hataw Na grand title, Sibol Dance Crew from ICCT Cainta was named as this year’s Hataw Na grand champion, followed by CEU Street Squad from Centro Escolar University as the 1st runner-up, and AMA Makati Dance Crewfrom AMA Computer College Makati as the 2nd runner-up.



No comments:

Post a Comment