Monday, June 12, 2017

5 Places in Rizal that are Worth Priceless Hugs and Kisses

I am bless everyday...

And one of the blessings that I had received was an invitation  to explore the art within Rizal Province in Region IV-A by Asia Premium Travel Mart and our Department of Tourism of Region IV-A. I could never be so thankful that enough to be invited by Ms. Charmaine for this blessing...

I got assigned as a MAPEH teacher in my current school this school  year and being a newbie in this filled of subject made me more than blessed with such wonderful knowledge of knowing art within Rizal. As I said to my kid... Not all the learning can be learned inside the four pillars of the classroom. We need to take a good look in person and experience them on first hand... 

When I saw our ride, I was like jumping for joy... As in this was my first time to ride a coaster bus. I really felt like a tourist in my elegant and comfortable seat by the huge overlooking clear glass window where I really got to see everything and be amazed of what the entire ride has to offer.

No automatic alt text available.
Where to go today... 
I was so lucky to have my son and co blogger to join me in this tour and he was like "I never been in Rizal Ma. It's my first to go there. What are we going to do there? Wait I have to Google Rizal... " I interrupted him by saying "Stop asking Google about Rizal Province. We will go there to know Rizal in person... Expect the unexpected." And that made him more excited. Learning on first hand gives that awesome sparkles on his eyes... He gave me his phone so he won't google our whereabouts that tour day... He just sat down and enjoyed the ride.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, outdoor and nature
This the only one in the Philippines which really proves the the people of Rizal are artistically inclined since the ancient times. This site is protected and maintained by our National Museum as a great national treasure that everyone should see in  person. This should not be just seen on the pages of the magazine and books...  
The Angono Petrogylphs

And our first stop got  our jaws dropped. We were like pretty amazed of the huge dark  tunnel which welcomed us with such great excitement of what could on the other side of the dark sort of magical tunnel. I was like smiling all the way in the dark tunnel because my son couldn't stop asking question on how was this tunnel made possible and more. I was like prayer at the same time that our tour guide won't lose his patience of all the sort of things he was asking. I liked our tour guides that day. They never got tired of all my kids questions. They enthusiastically answered every question he got. You could see the passions in their field. The site is very pleasing to our eyes. You would be so mesmerized by the beauty of the nature and at the same time of ancient drawings on the stone wall.

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, outdoor
This is really something. I really like the mystery what's behind the great wall as we traveled the dark unknown tunnel to us... 

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoor
Can you see the carvings on the stone wall? I bet you do. They are like how you draw on you house walls too...
Image may contain: one or more people, tree, sky, outdoor and nature
A serious question and answer portion between them. As a mom looking at him like this gives me a warm touching feeling in my heart. I really love to see him with this much curiosity in our great treasure like the Angono Petrogylps.
Image may contain: 2 people, people standing, tree and outdoor
I used to ask him to take pictures... but this time I said take time to enjoy everything around you.
Image may contain: outdoor and nature
This is amazing! How did they stock these rocks... We found this near the tunnel and took a good look on it.
Image may contain: one or more people, plant, tree, outdoor and nature
Take a good look and the cravings on the wall... They are not just stick people as I did when I learning how to draw.
Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, tree, child and outdoor
They have this cat around the site that I want to take home... So friendly indeed... When you come here bring some treats for him. I didn't have one that day but still he likes me this much...
Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, outdoor
Our tour guide pointing on things we might failed to notice and my kid be like this...
Image may contain: 1 person, closeup
Taking a good selfie as everyone else listened to the National Museum's personnel orienting us all we need to know about the site.  
Botong and The Street Murals

Our next stop the the home of the known national artist Carlos "Botong" Francisco and the street murals. He is the great national artist who painting the portraits of our former president Ferdinand Marcos and his family which were seen in the Malacanang Palace during his presidential terms... Our tour guide said that the president and his to go to his house personally which bonded them into deeper relationship of than of a client and his painting and that is true friendship. More of what you can learn about him when you visit his home where you will be assisted and catered humbly by his family who are also great in their own creative way. The outside the Botong's home was filled with street murals. You have to be here to see everything on their streets...

Image may contain: 1 person, tree, plant and outdoor
The front house of Carlos Francisco... From here you can see some quite interesting murals... How long is the street murals? Find out when you get here... You will love walking along loving all the details... 

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, hat and indoor
Our lovely tour guided posted with me as me went inside of Botong's home. I cold live here... I like this narrow path before I reached Botong's working station...

No automatic alt text available.
I got excited on this painting! When I was in grade 1, We had this on the cover of our SIBIKA books in black in white... then on the websites and magazines. I didn't know how majestic it is in seeing this painting in person. 

Image may contain: people sitting and indoor
The upper part of his working station

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and indoor
The lower part where  he really worked which is now filled of some of his works...

Image may contain: indoor
Botong at work... His photographer caught the best things about him in here
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, outdoor
The Balaw Balaw is like a fiesta open house for me serving exotic food in quite out of my world dishes.
The Balaw Balaw 

Balaw Balaw is know for its exotic and rare types of cuisine which not that quite available in just any restaurant in our known places. At the same time, Balaw Balaw is also known for such interesting and somehow really earthly gallery they have around and upstairs. We were served with such very comforting dishes. I am from Laguna where "itik" are served as a pride but in here and only in here I had the softest and tenderest itik dish I ever had. The place is very cozy to eat at with such Filipino type of approach... I like everything in here even the lavatory where you can wash you hand after eating by hand...

Image may contain: food
Very mouth watering indeed!
Image may contain: people sitting and food
They have organic talakitok in the house!

No automatic alt text available.
Pochero in Palayok
Image may contain: people sitting and food
Abodong itik in Balaw Balaw is the best itik dish I ever had!
No automatic alt text available.
Did I mention exotic dishes?
Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people sitting, table, indoor and outdoor
My son was very eager to taste everything on the table... I am very lucky to have a NOT PIHIKAN kid... He would try everything and finish clean his plate because he was oriented that nothing should go to waste because the are some others who don't have any. His secret is very simple... Just a spoonful of everything... Yes! a spoonful like Anthony Bourdain does. 
Image may contain: 1 person, text
The Blanco Family Museum will great you with this upside down Carpa Fish. Why? Find out here in Rizal why.

The Blanco Family Museum

It is a family Museum. You heard me right. All in the family are painters. I love every painting in here especially the part where they had exhibit the artwork all the "wall" literally. I have a very talented kid. He also paint and draw but when he began his interest in Art he was like the Blanco kids who you draw on the wall. I should have let him do so like the Blanco's did. The youngest painter in the family had his work done when he was 11 months old... and their mom did her work in her 40's. The themes of their painting were based on there daily lives, travel, fiestas with each unique approach and style. You have to be here to see the WH questions that pop in your mind. Below are some of the painting I took selfie with. They are the best for me.

Image may contain: 1 person, plant and outdoor
They have worked on huge canvass with unique individual approaches and style in painting. I love this the most among all because 
Image may contain: 2 people, closeup
Blanco siblings loves to paint the best memories they have

Image may contain: 1 person, standing
As the tour guide enthusiastically giving us the details catching my son very eager to know them is really a heart warming moment for me. Having a growing up kid with lots of questions of this and that that I can't just answer by words because he really have to see or experience them on hand  is quite a problem for... So blessed to be here...i am very thankful indeed...
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, closeup
The pride among all the paintings! Why? Again... be here! You have to be here... 
Image may contain: 1 person, standing and indoor
I really love seeing him like this... 
The Pinto Museum

I thought at first the this a gallery full of doors. (Pardon me but I don't go researching from the internet... surfing the net always spoils the surprise and fun...) The place is a dreamy one over looking the busy city of Manila. As if I am in a different country like Sicily... Italy... France... The white wash structures that are surrounded and full with such lovely greenery and some fowls and other animals... The place is really mesmerizing. I would really love to have my family to see this... I would like to have my wedding to be done in here (oh I wish!... ) A place where you can fall in love sweetly as the melodious ones sings your favorite love song in french... They have taken me and my son to somewhat other country without actually hitching a plane... I could have my whole family enjoy the art... the food... the view in here... and here are some pictures to prove this...

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, indoor
This is how I make my son stay away from gluing himself into too much online games and virtual friends. As a Mapeh teacher and as a mom making him see such wonderful things in person is a big achievement. Many teens nowadays are not so into travelling with their family. I am so lucky I have a kid like him who would do this not just because he loves me so much but because "I am a curious cat." He is really a curious cat by nature and that is a big check for me...(How did I make him travel with me??? Well.... it is not just because of the reason that he only have me and just me... It is more because of I told him long time ago that I want to make it up for the lost time that I should have been there for him... I have asked him to spend time with me because I am too afraid that I won't be able to do that soon with him... looking at these pictures still makes me teary... I am so lucky to be invited by one of the kindest persons I ever met in my life... Ms. Charmaine)
Image may contain: 2 people, plant, tree and outdoor
Capturing my son in a very curious mode is a very fulling feeling for me as a mom. I would never get tired of looking at these pictures. Catching my breathe as he roamed around the galleries where he was just like "Ma, you have to see this!" as he grabbed my hand every  now and then whenever he had seen something odd that fed his curious mind. He roamed around by himself in here as if a kid had his PERFECT PLAYGROUND.
Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor
He loves this the most... He told me the story about this without realizing that I know that story. One of the thing I am into is that when he talks... I LISTEN... even if I know the story already, listening to his version is much more awesome for me. Why does he love this the most??? you have to find out yourself... I am sure you would love it too... #myth
Image may contain: plant, tree and outdoor
I love everything in here to extend of thinking of having my wedding in here. So relaxing and mesmerizing indeed.
Image may contain: 2 people
My favorite among the rest... It captured what I had on my mind...
Image may contain: one or more people and motorcycle
You have to see this in person to why was that sign posted as part of the gallery.
Image may contain: 1 person, standing and indoor
The interior of this gallery really made my jaw drop... I and my son had been in many galleries and museums but Pinto is one really cool place to see... Uniquely different as they showcase talents in our locality...
No automatic alt text available.
So sweet!!!!

After the day's tour, we were given just wonderful bags as a compliment gifts from our honorable DIR. REBECCA VILLANUECA - LABIT and STAFF of Department of Tourism Region IV - A. The whole tour was too much for me and my son already... I was very blessed to make my son see how rich Rizal is every aspects as we rose the coaster bus. And having a box of chocolate and a bag. I was hugging them like... I am very blessed. Thank you very much!

We have a very great time there that day... As we walked home in the silent streets of Calamba City, Laguna (Where we live), my son kissed my both of cheeks and hugged me tight... He said he had an awesome day... he said "Thank you, Ma! I Love you..."
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling
That they of the tour made me more than just a mom. I started that day as his MAPEH teacher and taught him art appreciation well... I saw him skipping like a kid as he roamed around the places which showcased us how rich the tradition, culture, heritage... of Rizal...  


Thank you very much... From my heart I am thanking you very much... You didn't just amazed us of what Rizal can offer everyone... You have let us be part of your family... you had us see things that only in books I have seen before... YOU HAD MY BOND WITH MY KID EVEN MORE TIGHTER...

--rissa




2 comments:

  1. Love this experience too more so being able to bond with you guys. Rizal rocks! Proud to be a tubong Rizal!

    ReplyDelete