Sunday, April 23, 2017

Dots -- My Entry for BDJ Sharpie de Mayo Challenge

I am really bad in coloring... I am worse in using Sharpie products... I am the worst in using Sharpie products as coloring materials. 

As a teacher full of tons of loads in making visual aids, I use Sharpie because of the variant colors and permanent pigments. They give more life to my visual aids... I like going beyond what was given to me which are the old boring black permanent pens to make my visual aids. So regardless of the what was given, I buy permanent colors to have rainbows in my lessons... I use Sharpie. 


Yesterday, as I browsed my Instagram account, I came across of the post of Belle De Jour Planner of having "SHARPIE DE MAYO", a passion series which everybody will surely learn and enjoy, and here is what they had posted...


Image may contain: text
Picture Credits to Belle De Jour Planner FB Account


"This coming May 6, 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM, at Staple and Perk, Makati, learn about coloring and designing in watercolor workshop with Sharpie x BDJ Passion Series: Sharpie de Mayo!

HERE'S HOW TO JOIN:

Option 1: Answer the question, “If you are a flower, what flower and color would you be?” Using your Sharpie pens, imagine and draw and color yourself as a flower.

Option 2: Florals are in! Post your favorite item that you own. Caption it answering why it’s your favorite floral item.

Don’t forget the following steps after choosing one invite mechanic option:
1. Make sure to set your posts to Public. Tag us in our Facebook: (@Belle de jour Power Planner @Sharpie). And Instagram or Twitter accounts: @BDJBuzz @sharpie using the hashtags #SharpieDeMayo # BDJXSharpie
2. Submit the link of your entries to ilovebdj.com/events. Make sure to complete your account details to get a valid entry!"

(Contents credit to BDJ Buzz Instagram post)
As for me...  
oh my! I know how to draw... I know how to put on the colors... but I don't know how to use Sharpie as my coloring materials for it... 
I thought of the simplest way yet requires great patience to control the flow of the colors... DOTTING on paper. I used corona water color paper, which of course, is very absorbent. Then using a pencil number 3 , I drew my flower... the flower that I loved most.... the flowers the pops anywhere in any kind of soil condition --An ORANGE DAISY.
An orange daisy that popped on my head... on my mind that no matter how dry and malnourished it is my head... still I am a beautiful flower that blooms and survives... and here is my finish product.

Image may contain: drawing
The shape of the dots depends on how you put the dots... upward it the best but I like mine in a slant way. The size of the dots depend on how large you want you dots... the quicker you remove your Sharpie the smaller it is...
This took me an hour to complete. In some what way it  relaxed me too as I finished this. I hope you would too... Try this for yourself...

--Rissa





No comments:

Post a Comment