Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The Food Like My Mom's--GUMBO

I make sure that I and my son will have a trip or two in GUMBO--A Taste of New Orleans. That is whenever I do have a budget. When you hear New Orleans, it means that food from this place is cooked with generous ingredients and love. Actually, I love eating food cooked with lots of love. My mom used to cook hearty meals for us and for everybody else. Everything she cooked are called "SINALBAHE", even her JAMBALAYA version is also called SINALBAHE. What do you mean by SINALBAHE? My mom said it means everything good goes in the pot without measuring but would taste greater than the original. Whenever we are in Gumbo I remember my mom especially whenever we have the Seafood Jambalaya. 


When you have that huge fork and spoon which you are missing from home.


Last June 19, 2016, we dined in at The Atrium, Megamall, Mandaluyong City. This was our first Gumbo trip in Megamall. The place is nice for me. The light is cozy. The coach is comfy. The service crew are good and fast.The kitchen part is entertaining to watch. The music makes you fill alive. And the food is like my mom's sinalbahe. Who wouldn't like to eat something that your mom used to cook for you. i will keep coming back for more if I have the budget. Speaking of the budget. I have taken a great grab of buy1 take1 anything on the menu. And so I always have a Jambalaya. 


I am fond of watching the cooks or chef do their cooking.

This is how my mom's sinalbahe looks like. Gumbo's Seafood Jambalaya

This complementary bread is a must try. Light, moist, soft. 

Four kinds of pizza in one. How extravagant is this!
Gumbo's Jambalaya is full of flavors. Their finest long grain rice and fresh sea food stuffs like shrimps, squids, clams and more mixed with all those herbs and spices. The Jambalaya at Gateway and Megamall tasted the same. May be because they have the same standard measuring of everything. I love the texture in every big spoonful of Jambalaya and of course, of everything we have on our table. Indeed, I consider my food's texture just like of my mom's.

He can finish everything on the table. As in nothing is going to waste!

I am really missing my mom. If she could be here and taste how close her Sinalbahe to Gumbo's Jambalaya, I think she will be amazed. She would be talking about this dish for weeks and will try to twist again her sinalbahe.

--Rissa





No comments:

Post a Comment